Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bill Berroth's recall on the Incas Rally


Brought to you by JT Racing


“This is the Incas rally in 1990, that year was the only year it went from Lima, Peru all the way across the continent to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In prior years, since I was an employee of Acerbis, I also worked in the [promoting] organization laying out the course or taking care of the press guys; I had a number of different jobs over the years. But when it came to that rally, which was going to be the last Incas Rally, and it was going across the continent, I told my boss I didn’t want to work, I wanted to ride. And he let me ride, and in years prior I had had support from KTM so KTM helped me. I just got one of the standard rental bikes, a KTM 350 single two-stroke. They had like 15 or 20 down there, and I got one of them and raced across the continent. For me, I had a few different issues with that particular bike – at the time, there was no GPS, there was just kind of old-school navigation equipment, and the front tire sucked the odometer cable off of that bike within the first day or two. There aren’t any KTM dealers down there, so there aren’t any spare parts, and I couldn’t fix it...

Read more: http://www.dirtrider.com/features/bill-berroth-raiders-of-the-archives/#ixzz21lRyK0by
Please leave a comment and remember to visit us on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google41d30f02958cea55.html