Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sidi Vertigo Lei Boots review from GearChic



Overview

I never thought a pair of track boots would ever replace my favorite sport touring boots. Well, after about 3,000 miles in these boots (1,500 from 2 long weekend trips), I’m a convert.

For most of my riding history, I’ve worn my beloved Daytona Ladystars. They’re definitely the ultimate sport touring boot. The only thing that makes that boot better than these, for me, is the GORE-TEX liner. Unfortunately these aren’t waterproof. If they were, I’d probably wear them year round.

Initially, I was worried since they’re shorter than my Ladystars, since I’ve come to rely on those for a little more stability. With a 30.5″ seat height, it’s nice to have a little more lift from my boots. But my SV doesn’t weigh very much, and with a low center of gravity and skinny tank, I’ve really gotten used to being on the ball of both feet and now, essentially on my tiptoes.

The Vertigos don’t add any height. In fact, they’ve taken away almost a full inch from me. In reviewing these boots, I had to wear them as much as possible. I have simply gotten more used to my one foot technique (and less afraid of it), and more often than not, that’s where self confidence comes from. I know my limits. I know when I need to hop off my bike and park vs. walking it backwards.


Before I started wearing these, I thought that because they’re articulated for sport riding position that they would be really uncomfortable to walk in. Not at all. Although they aren’t designed for being on your feet for more than a few hours, I was able to extend the comfort level of these boots by 6 hours!

To read more go to http://gearchic.com/reviews/boots/sidi-vertigo-lei-boots/

Feel free to comment and remember to visit us on Facebook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google41d30f02958cea55.html